Full Stack Engineer - 100% REMOTE
Why you want to work at Flexion:
We're looking for a Full Stack Engineer Java-based with an unwavering passion for designing meaningful, easy-to-use applications. Most of the work we do is on large-scale, enterprise-wide systems (both commercial and government)-this project in particular will help ensure that millions of Americans receive high-quality healthcare.
At Flexion (an agile software company that's been delivering excellence for over 24 years), our company culture is built on autonomy, trust, and transparency. We empower teams to remain autonomous and self-directed by hiring people who can solve complex problems by functioning collaboratively-this means lending a hand and flexing your multi-skilled m====les (research, content, business analysis, information architecture, etc.) as needed. Every member within a cross-functional team is a leader who takes responsibility for the entire team's success, which mirrors the company's overall flat structure.
Flexion is based on 100% remote work culture with all the employees working remotely from all the US time zones. We are very mature in Agile Practictes and have two full time Agile coaches and believe in pair programming in tackling the big stories.
What the job looks like:
We are looking for a Full Stack engineer with strong application development skills. In this role, you must possess excellent problem-solving skills and technical knowledge with a strong aptitude for appreciating the focus, scope, and impact of your work in a much wider and forward-looking software landscape.
Why we want to hire you:
You can design small pieces as you go, while still thinking about how they fit into the whole. You welcome change as a positive thing (instead of viewing it as "rework") and never look at anything you deliver as "final." You understand when "good enough" really IS good enough, without ever compromising on the overall product quality.
- 4 to 8+ years of Full Stack Development experience
- Hands-on experience in Java/backend development
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to write high-quality code efficiently
- Experience with Agile application development
- Test-Driven Development
- Agile Development
- Java (Required)
- Java 8+ ecosystem and frameworks, Gradle/Maven
- Single Page Applications frameworks (Angular, React, or Vue)
- Experience with server-side scripting, e.g. Node.js or Python
At Flexion, we live by these principles:
- Speak openly and honestly with your colleagues and clients about problems and proposed solutions
- Welcome and handle changing requirements and priorities with little or no warning
- Collaborate online in small groups about 50% of the time
- Encourage simple and minimal solutions that keep options open
- Expect and vocally advocate for quality first
- Learn new practices and techniques as the situation demands
- Ensure the teams develop demonstrable software every week or two
- Do what needs to be done to deliver the product or project without ego or attitude
- Dig deep to find the root causes of problems so we can create the right solutions
- Relentlessly improve yourself, your team, and your processes
The most efficient way to reach our recruiting team is to submit your resume through the URL provided. If you have questions or would like more information about this job posting or if you'd like to know more about Flexion Inc. in general, please contact Uzair Qasim at T. / C.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us atfor assistance.
- provided by Dice