Jack Henry and Associates is seeking an experienced Senior Performance Test Engineer to join our team. The Senior Performance Test Engineer will be working with automation engineers and our Enterprise Payment Solutions (EPS) management team to understand, collect, and review the performance benchmarks and requirements for multiple projects. This position will be responsible for testing, troubleshooting, and analysis in order to maintain system credibility. This Senior Performance Test Engineer will work autonomously while managing assigned projects.
This position will be working from our Allen TX office.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in dedicated performance testing of web applications and web services.
- Minimum of 2 years of performance testing experience with Visual Studio.
- Experience defining best practices for load/performance testing and implementing those practices across multiple teams.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL server Database development using tools including SSIS and SSRS.
- Agile Scrum Experience.
- Excellent knowledge of automated QA systems.
- Excellent knowledge of performance test systems.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing lifecycle.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects.
- 4 years of experience with C#.
- Maintains, enhances and expands the automation framework and associated tools
- Creates and executes automated functional tests
- Experience with utilizing and maintaining virtual environments
- Assists DevOps team with Continuous Integration
- Works with product managers, development, business analysts and manual QA teams
- Schedules and conducts testing, submits testing errors and issues to development for correction, tests corrected code and tracks defects.
- Documents test progress and results. Prepares reports and presents results to stakeholders as needed.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and implementing automation projects. Monitors automation projects and ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Performs evaluation of products and systems and determines candidates for automation
- Analyzes scripts and performs code reviews of automated scripts. Reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Provides updates on automation progress and custom reporting as requested.
- Develops automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
- Provides training and technical assistance to members of the automation team. May assist with training on software enhancements. May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
- May advise or recommend unit testing applications. May assist or recommend the application of a UML.
- Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- Assists with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with software changes for update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; prepares enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.