Headquarters: Tampa, FL
We are a closely-held web and mobile application development firm and we are looking for driven WordPress Developers. Are you experienced and current in your WordPress, plugin and layout skills? Do you have depth in Responsive Web Design and design principles? Looking for a no-politics zone to do your best work? Mercury is the place for you!
The WordPress developer will be engaged in a range of web design and development projects including:
- Design and develop websites using WordPress and populate plugins
- Implement Responsive Web Design layouts for high fidelity rendering on phone, tablet and desktop
- Participate in interface design, layout work and UX optimization
Skills & Requirements
Mercury's front end and WordPress developers possess strong skills in the above technologies and just as important front-end design patterns, common interface frameworks and testing. A passion for web standards and modern interface frameworks is also pretty darn important.
At Mercury you will:
- Live and thrive in WordPress, browser tools and website construction in general
- Design web page layouts, icons and supporting graphical elements
- Build modular and reusable WordPress themes/plugins, functions and custom post types
- Deploy solutions to the cloud including WPEngine, Azure and AWS
Proficiency and comfort on Agile teams (specifically, Scrum with 2-week sprints) will be a major plus for this position.
- Graphic design and UX skills
- Experience with third party APIs from leading SaaS solutions (Salesforce, Facebook, payment processing, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in PHP and related development practices/frameworks
- Ability to learn and/or experience with whatever new CMSes come down the pike (Gatsby, Prismic, etc.)
How to Know If You're A Fit
If any of the following excites you, we definitely want to talk to you!
This Is A Remote-Friendly Position
Mercury is a distributed workforce with developers and designers located throughout the United States. We are open to applicants located anywhere in the continental United States (we fine all team members being within 3 time zones of each other best for collaboration) and also Tampa-based developers.