Headquarters: Denver, Colorado
Who we are
Who you are
- You have a growth-oriented mindset and an understanding that accurate data is foundational to driving business growth.
- You love visualizing data.
- You are a data nerd at heart and enjoy the challenge of bringing disparate data into a cohesive whole.
- You enjoy the faster pace of working for a growing startup company.
- You are detail and timeline oriented.
- You like the flexibility of working from home.
- Bonus: You have an affinity for data related to the Marketing & Sales funnel.
Why Work at DNSFilter?
- Ability to grow within the organization.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Full medical, dental, vision, AD&D, and short term disability benefits for USA employees.
- Company gatherings each year (most recently, we all spent a week near the beach in Colombia).
- Work from wherever you like including from home, a co-working space, or our offices in Washington, D.C. and Denver, CO (after covid subsides).
About the Business Intelligence Engineer position
- Support program managers by creating KPI dashboards and the underlying data pipeline. Create visualization/dashboarding that results in efficient monitoring and debugging, and quicker identification of actionable insights.
- Enables capabilities available in the BI technology such as drill-through functionality, KPI and scorecard reporting, advanced visualizations including mapping and geospatial analysis, predictive analytics, and other capabilities as they arise.
- Respond to inquiries from managers regarding dashboards, processes, data, and data observations.
- Proactively identify business needs and recommend related requirements for reports and dashboards.
- Maintain a high-level of data quality awareness which includes working proactively on identifying and improving data quality in order to address reporting gaps.
- Communicate directly as needed with non-technical business users to understand business needs and related requirements for reports and dashboards.
- Perform data analysis, quality assurance, and testing.
- Support, design, and develop visualizations, dashboards and reports of varying complexity.
- Support, design, and develop data mappings and Extract, Transfer, Load (ETL) scripts of simple to medium complexity.
- Take ownership and participate in BI projects as needed and assigned.
- Have respect for everyone in the company.
- Take ownership and accountability of your projects.
- Possess excellent written English skills, a detail-oriented work style, play nice with others, and have great time management.
- Be able to travel 5% of the year. We are a fully remote company, but we typically meet yearly for a week-long company summit in an exotic location!
Business Intelligence Engineer qualifications
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Experience in a SaaS startup environment.
- 3+ years of experience as an engineer or developer in the Business Intelligence (BI) space.
- 3+ years of experience implementing and using a leading BI solution such as Microsoft Reporting Services, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, or Cognos.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing the data structures (conceptual, logical, physical & dimensional models) for BI reporting tools
- Strong grasp of ETL tools, data modeling, and big data tools (BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Proven track record in developing BI tools including creating interactive applications, dashboards, and reports for business end users
- Ability to identify and work within a multitude of data sources with the additional ability to structure data validation to ensure data integrity
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders and teams to improve data and business processes