Web Developer at Foreign Policy
Headquarters: Washington D.C.
Our office is based in Washington DC, but it's ok if you are not. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply. The web developer will report to our Senior Developer.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and improving our current codebase
- Adding new functionalities to our website
- Building special projects and features
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Prioritize projects in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Git code versioning and repository management
- Ability to accurately convert design files into functioning webpages, paying special attention to typography, spacing, layout, and responsive design
- A minimum of 5 years of experience and expert-level proficiency WordPress/PHP (
- Proficiency in creating custom WordPress themes, custom post types, and admin customization using the Fieldmanager (or similar) plugin
- Proficiency interacting with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- WordPress VIP code review and deployment process
- Prior experience working in a media company and with an editorial newsroom
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs