Edge Solutions Engineer at Grassroots Technologies, Inc (San Bruno, CA)
Edge Solutions Engineer Job Description
GRT is carefully searching for new candidates for a high profile, global commerce engagement located in Sunnyvale and San Bruno, CA. Local residence is preferred but Pacific Time zone a baseline focus.
We are looking for a solid foundation of technology understanding and work/school experience; we are also equally interested in promising communication skills, and growth potential of any candidate.
As an Engineer on the Edge Solutions team, you'll be a part of spearheading evangelizing, onboarding and troubleshooting the Edge Foundation products for companies around the globe to help them be successful in delivering performant, robust web applications.
- Creating an API endpoint as a control for performance tooling.
- Adding metrics and monitoring to make our applications easier to debug and understand in production.
- Working with our configuration management systems to smooth out our deploy process.
- Give design feedback and review teammates' code.
- Contributing architectural guidance to support large and complex systems integration and solution implementation
- Developing & contributing to documentation and guides for Edge Foundation architecture, products and features
- Assisting customers in making changes to Edge Proxy/CDN configurations
- Identifying and building tools to help Edge Solutions and our customers reduce the time to resolution for troubleshooting tasks Automating common tasks to reduce Edge Consulting toil
- You have at least four years of professional experience building web APIs.
- You have at least three years of professional experience with Go, Java, Python, Ruby, or another server-side programming language.
- You're comfortable with writing and maintaining performant SQL queries.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You're willing to dive in to unfamiliar layers of the stack.
- You have experience with Linux systems.
- You're comfortable working on a fully remote team.
- The drive and passion to learn
The stack involved uses Go and MySQL. Candidates don’t necessarily need to be an expert in these technologies already. We believe smart people can learn anything and are willing to train the you in our specific tools. If you're not familiar with Go, you should be able to demonstrate you'd pick it up quickly.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs