Software Engineering Lead at Soteria (North Charleston, SC)
Does the thought of building scalable, reliable, cloud-native applications excite you? Have you worked on large complex projects in the past and want to have a larger impact on a smaller, growing team? Do you love mentoring and training other engineers to level-up their skills and build a dynamic team? Are you interested in building technology that helps organizations detect and respond to cybersecurity threats before they become headline-worthy breaches? If you answered yes to these questions then we have the job for you!
At Soteria (https://soteria.io/), we believe there is a massive opportunity to improve the way that organizations approach security operations, and we are building the solution. We often find that folks place too much emphasis on tools and processes that are not grounded in reality or scalable, and are unable to hire, groom or train talent to keep up with the ever-evolving threats. This leads to an endless sea of false positives, reliance on brittle detection logic, and tons of missed intrusions. Soteria is looking to shake up the industry with our managed detection and response (MDR) service using behavior-based rules and analytics approach, human in the loop alerting and validation, top-notch personnel, and interdisciplinary processes. We aim to be an extension of our customer's security team and transform the industry one customer at a time.
In order to transform organizations as well as the industry, we are looking for someone such as yourself to join us as a Software Engineering Lead. As a software engineering lead, you will be responsible for architecting and building Soteria’s managed detection and response platform, which receives and parses massive amounts of data, allowing our cybersecurity experts to detect, analyze, respond, and triage attacks on our customers’ environments. You will lead a growing team of engineers in ensuring that our technology is built in an extremely scalable and reliable manner. You will be expected to be proactive in identifying issues and developing solutions, making other engineers and employees better, and learning from the expertise of those working alongside you.
- Work with product managers, subject matter experts, and other engineers to design software and expand features from concept to launch.
- Architect scalable applications for both internal and external users and high-volume background tasks
- Guide technology selections, create prototypes, execute proofs of concept and perform technology evaluations
- Help decide architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop realistic timelines for delivery of products and features.
- Comfortable determining the right level of testing needed for various components.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Soteria products.
- Mentor other engineers in solution best practices
- Work closely with engineering and operations teams to ensure reliable, efficient, and effective CI/CD processes.
- Mentor and provide guidance to others on the software engineering team
Sampling of Desired Skills:
- Experience designing, architecting, and developing scalable systems
- Demonstrable experience designing APIs for integrating disparate software and storage systems
- Experienced in taking a product through a full lifecycle from inception to delivery to sustainment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously, with geo-distributed and cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within modern cloud infrastructure environments
- Experience working in or leading agile software development teams
- Experience working with end users to capture functional requirements
- Strong work ethic and determination
- 8+ years of experience designing, architecting, and developing scalable systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of any or all of the following technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Python, Go, Angular, SQL (PostgreSQL, CockroachDB), and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance covered 100% for Employee and 50% for family members.
- Fully funded single HSA account
- Flexible work hours around core hours
- Paid time off of 24 days with an additional 10 paid holidays
- Professional development allowance
Candidates must be legally authorized to work full time within the United States and able to pass a background check. Some candidates may require more extensive background checks based on the project.Soteria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Soteria does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs