Ockam is building SDKs for embedded systems and edge devices. The Ockam code base is polyglot and built in a highly modular architecture. We utilize Rust, C, and Elixir in our stack. You will be responsible for building core library components in the Ockam code base. Because of the broad-base of environments where the Ockam Embedded and Ockam Edge SDKs may be deployed in the field, you will build for ARM, RISC-V, AVR, verified/secure boot, cryptographic modules, and secure enclaves. Ockam is transport agnostic so you will also be developing messaging and authentication capabilities that work across IP, LoRaWan, Bluetooth and other common transport protocols that are common in modern IoT and Edge deployments. Ockam is a small and extremely senior team. This role involves architecture, interface design, writing code, responsibility for testing, and publishing documentation. Everyone on the Ockam team takes responsibility for their parts from end-to-end, including the creation of long term objectives, issues in GitHub, task management, and summaries of key results.
- Building complex code bases in the Rust language
- API design
- Embedded systems hardware
- Individual and collaborative project management leadership
- Git and GitHub's workflow
- Modern CI/CD pipelines and DevOps
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases
- 10+ years of software building experience
- Cryptography libraries and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Multiple programming languages, including Rust and C.
- This is a Level 6 role at Ockam.
- Individuals that consider themselves to be Level 5 or 7 are also encouraged to apply.
- For more information about Role Levels at Ockam, [click here for our guide].
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply. Ockam is a distributed, remote-first structured team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.