Software Engineer III - Business Systems at CNC Software, Inc (Tolland, CT)
At CNC Software, Inc., our mission is to create software and services that solve the world’s manufacturing challenges. Our software, Mastercam, developed and supported by our talented team, is the most widely used CAM software in the world. Headquartered in Tolland, CT, we are a culture that embraces remote work, with over thirty percent of our team working from their home office in United States as well as in offices in Switzerland and China. As the industry leader, we strive to innovate, and we partner with our resellers and customers to make the impossible, well, possible.
As a privately held, family-owned business, our culture is shaped by our concern and care for each other and our community. Our work environment reflects this care, with exceptional benefits and services you would expect of an industry leader [on-site fitness center, walking paths, employee gardens, bicycle shop, kitchen facilities] which are supported by geothermal heating/cooling and solar arrays which power the majority of our utility consumption. As a Greater Hartford Top Workplace, our focus has always been on creating a workplace that embodies the family-friendly values we hold, and which, well, doesn’t feel like “work”, but more like a place that you want to be. If you have a passion for your work, an inquisitive nature, and a pride in exceeding the expectations others have set for you – then CNC may just be the place you have been looking for.
The Software Engineer III is primarily responsible for building and integrating internally and externally facing ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software for our users in a collaborative Agile environment. This position allows for a full lifecycle development opportunity, enabling the employee to participate in system design, development, documentation, testing, implementation, integration and support of all necessary applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work within a small agile team of developers and testers to produce the highest quality, sophisticated business applications using the latest technologies and techniques available
- Identify, research, and present new solutions to old problems as technology and opportunity arises
- Develop new software products and features from the ground up, while working closely with company stakeholders
- Applies modern development patterns and techniques to create fault-tolerant, scalable, maintainable, automated solutions to save time and resources and/or increase profitability
- Write unit and integration tests for both existing and new code to ensure compatibility and stability
- Continuing education and learning to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and best practices
- Work with software architect to develop coding standards
- Demonstrate exceptional analysis, planning, and coding skills
- Performs manual testing of software to identify defects and issues early in the development cycle
- Identifies and communicates issues and risks that might impact development timeline or product quality
- Adheres to department standards for code quality, documentation and test coverage
- Mentor other developers and programmers
- Commit to delivering products on time and on budget
- Assist testers as necessary in assuring the quality of the team’s output
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of the following preferred: Azure, User-interface design concepts/tools, Database optimization and administration, GIT, testing methodologies
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a team
- Time management skills with the proven track record of meeting deadlines and quality standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly
- Experience developing in an Agile/Scrum environment a plus
- Azure DevOps experience a plus
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs