Android Developer at komoot (Berlin, Germany)
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times — and with more than 9.5 million users and 50,000 five-star reviews, komoot is on its way to becoming one of the world’s most popular cycling and hiking apps.
To help us continue to build the future of outdoor exploration, we’re looking for a passionate Android developer to join our fully remote team.
What you will do
- Take over responsibility of all parts of our Android app
- Develop innovative new features in collaboration with our team of designers, copywriters, and Android/iOS product experts
- Optimize the core functionality of the app
- Incorporate the latest advances in Android technology
Why you will love it
- At komoot, you’ll use everything the Android platform offers: Sensors, data synchronization, caching, external storage
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, co - working center of your choice, our HQ in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll work on challenging tasks, such as turn-by-turn navigation, maps, on-/offline hybrids, custom views and data synchronization
- You’ll be developing in fast cycles with continuous build, testing and direct team feedback
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll build and improve an app that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to improve
- Have proven experience in developing high quality Android apps (3+ years)
- Write code that's readable, well documented and is meaningfully tested
- Have a passion for building software, demonstrated through interesting side projects, open source contributions, or other involvement in the tech community
- Love to develop awesome products for great user experiences
- Have experience in working in a distributed team, have good communication skills and love to work together with others in fast development cycles
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. link to your apps, GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs