Due to several new customers and projects, we have exciting opportunities for talented developers living in the UK and wanting to work remotely (although you're welcome to use our office whenever you want).
You will work within our team delivering high quality, readable and maintainable solutions that meet or exceed our customer's requirements and are completed on time and within budget. You'll also be committed to bringing Rio software to the next level of performance, resiliency, stability and supportability.
We believe in developing ourselves and each other so our roles are ideal for developers who have a year or two of experience and are looking for a company they can grow within. Every day is interesting and varied here so we offer the stability and comfort of a long term position without sacrificing variety and personal development.
Almost all of the projects we work on are some form of web application and therefore as a full stack developer, you'll be working on everything from complex SQL queries to React components and everything in between.
We're a client facing business and so you will need to communicate with customers over various channels including face to face. Customer relationships are very important to us and keeping customers informed of progress and helping them to define the requirements are just as important, if not more so than the code itself.
Software development for us isn't just about writing new code, we support systems that we've written for many years after development on them has completed so you should be kind of person that gets just as much job satisfaction from fixing bugs or adding features to existing projects as you do from working on greenfield projects.
We work remotely yet we collaborate a lot so you'll be expected to help others to complete their work and seek help from others when you need it too. This extends to an ongoing commitment to learning, with old and new technologies willingly learned as necessary to perform well in the role and new knowledge keenly shared with your colleagues.
- 2 years+ working with .NET (C#) in a web application context (including .NET Core)
- 2 years+ working with SQL (MSSQL or MySQL/MariaDB preferred)
- 2 years+ working with common front-end technologies
- Collaboration – Leverage our collective genius, be a team.
- Transparency – Be real. Treat the client's money as your own.
- Accountability – Recognise that if it is to be, it’s up to me
- Passion – Show commitment in heart and mind
- Advocacy – Earn trust and demonstrate integrity
- Quality – Ensure what we do, we do well.