WE WANT TO find a Product Owner (m/f/d) with experience in the tech industry to help develop our Kubernetes-as-a-Service product. We have multiple teams working on AWS, Azure, VMware, and bare-metal Kubernetes solutions. The product is open-source and we are a diverse, remote (since 2014) and experienced team, that is growing and spread across Europe - with a headquarters in Cologne
SO THAT we can empower developers around the world to ship great products.
- tl;dr: You are responsible for the success of our product ;) But of course, you are not alone. We currently have 2 PO’s and 3 Architects and all team members are engaged in the product process.
- You become the owner of the product vision for your teams.
- You help your team maximize the impact of their work. Many product ideas start as technical solutions. You are persistent and creative in figuring out the business and user problems these ideas can solve. You manage the Product Backlog of your team(s) and write user stories.
- You help your team avoid overwork. There is always more stuff to do than time to do them with. You and your team have the freedom to decide what is most important and to do only that. You lead this prioritization.
- You enable other parts of the company to understand your team's work and its value. You translate between engineers, other POs, and sales and marketing.
- Our customers love to work with us and see us as their extended team. You collaborate with them to build products they will use and love.
- You ensure that current and prospective customers are informed about the cool stuff we are building (Documentation, blog posts, and other media such as speaking if that’s something you are interested in.).
- You can choose to participate in cross-cutting groups throughout the company to drive topics that you are passionate about (eg. culture, customer happiness, security, etc.).
- You have a strong, at least 5-year background being a Technical Product Owner in a tech-driven environment (best case, you know stuff about enterprise software, cloud, open-source, and distributed systems).
- You don’t need to be a coder, but a basic knowledge of Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure and a bit of programming experience will help you to understand what we and our customers are doing.
- Ideally, you have already gained work experience in the larger Kubernetes ecosystem.
- You find the right tone for all stakeholders. Especially with our cross-functional engineering teams - you are available and engaged.
- You can deal with being empowered to make decisions.
- You are familiar with agile methodologies but work with your team to figure out and iterate on the processes that work for your unique needs.
- You are happy to work in a fast-changing environment and adapt the way you work according to the current status of the company. We are operating in the evolving container ecosystem; the whole market is highly volatile.
- You have excellent English skills and you are based somewhere in Europe, as most of your team members are in this timezone as well.
Have and articulate (1) a clear view of what your role is, and (2) a framework/approach for how you would apply that to Giant Swarm's context (not just what you did in your last company, but how you would adapt that to Giant Swarm's context).
(Chiara Cokieng, PO)
Interested? Questions? Coffee? Contact Mirco email@example.com or apply directly