- If you’re looking for a safe and cushy job at a WordPress mill or like plain and boring business websites that never change and are forgotten the minute after a visitor has left, please move onto the next job posting.
- If you feel you need a “job” we may not be a good fit.
- If you're not a wizard at creating WordPress templates and plugins from scratch then you'll need to brush up on that before applying.
We’re looking for creative, and self-energized individuals to partner with us bring life and energy into our operation so we can conquer the world (or at least a small part of it, )
Jonroc LLC is a web design and online marketing agency serving the entire US. We develop custom-built WP themes, plugins, and HTML5 websites for our clients. Our end goal is to be a world leader in creating interactive, cutting-edge, websites that push the limits of design and animation.
As we work towards the goal of building a reputation for creating the world's most unique and interactive websites we take on “Bread and Butter” business websites that are typically built using WordPress or straight in HTML5. The fact is that until we’re known primarily as a unique and “out of the box” web design agency, we have to build some basic business websites to pay the bills. However, we always give each client a website that is created especially for them and is optimized to convert as many visitors to leads or sales as their budget allows. So we'll add in mini-out of the box animations or graphic designs to business's websites as they allow, like this website: https://lakeside.vet/
What Jonroc Brings to the Table
We bring our brand and reputation to the table with a strong drive for both company and employee growth. Since 2011 we’ve been honing in on our game and positioning ourselves to take our small agency to the next level. We’ve been building out an industry-leading marketing system to generate endless leads and create rapid growth for us (and you!). It's time to present the world with the new, faster, cutting edge version of Jonroc. With your help, we’re sure to get there in record time.
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus (or possibly ownership opportunities for the right person)
- Youll be joining a brand new growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- Work from home (must have a professional office/area to video chat with clients)
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learned
- You'll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast-paced environment
- You'll be able to react to change with backing from the business (we're small so fluidity is one of our number one competitive edges)
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems to keep you engaged and interested in your work
What You Bring to the Table
- At least 5 years of website development experience
- A fancy college degree or equivalent proof that you're a real PRO
- Actively seek out new challenges on your own
- PHP Pro as it relates to WordPress
- Full understanding of the WordPress architecture (hooks, filters, templates, etc)
- Understanding of and experience with JQuery. We also use GreenSock and on many projects.
- Be a product-oriented Web Developer creating and experimenting with new ideas that will engage and excite our customers
- Adeptly develop HTML5 for SEO
- CSS3 Pro (Flex, Grid, Bootstrap PRO)
- Mobile Responsive from Scratch and/or Bootstrap PRO
- Expert of responsive design techniques and principles
- Code quality is exceptional, semantically correct, and easily scalable.
- Is experienced with cross-browser, cross-platform compatibility issues.
- Familiarity with UX/UI design best practices
- Experience with source control solutions (BitBucket/Git)
- Has the technical depth to write and understand code specifications.
- Has the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision.
- Is able to proactively communicate and collaborate with customers, business analysts, and technical team members (both hired and contracted) to identify and resolve issues.
- Candidate must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment as well as independently.
- Strong customer focus and obsession with quality
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices, and DevOps trade-offs
- In Leadership – Do what’s right, even if it’s tough
- In Collaboration – Leverage our collective genius, be a team
- In Transparency – Be real
- In Accountability – Recognize that if it is to be, it’s up to me
- In Passion – Show commitment in heart and mind
- In Advocacy – Earn trust and business
- In Quality – Ensure what we do, we do well
- Familiarity with Adobe graphic editing tools, such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- We track time spent on project tasks down to the minute and roll up all task time to the overall project (ya this kind of sucks but it’s the best way to ensure budgets are met and projects are moving at a steady pace)
Sound like you? Send in your resume to email@example.com and keep in mind we’re a unique and creative agency. If your resume is not unique and creative, regrettably, I probably won’t read it.