Enjoy solving puzzles and writing insanely fast c# code?
We are looking for smart back end developers who enjoy working on hard performance optimization problems and aren't afraid of tricky math, computer vision and machine learning. In particular if you are good at Image Processing, Computer Vision and Deep Learning this may be the job for you. If that description fits you don't worry about having domain expertise, we can teach you that. What we really need is smart flexible people who enjoy optimizing algorithms in c# and other languages.
What We Do
The team at MapLarge builds cutting edge products for data analytics and visualization to make us safer, more productive, and more efficient. The Maplarge API provides real time geospatial analytics for over 15 billion location events per day and trillions of historical events. Analysts using our geospatial visualization capability can instantly visualize and publish for data discovery and model testing on any desktop, mobile or tablet device.
Who We Need
Algorithm / Core Database Development - We built our own in memory database and distributed data analytics pipeline from the ground up with funding from DARPA, and we have a team of really talented researchers working on Pattern analysis, Streaming analytics, Spatial queries and Network graph functions that power our visualization and predictive analytics engines. We are always looking for practical people who love writing highly optimized code that straddles the line between research and software development. We don't usually publish scientific papers, but we are right out on the edge pulling algorithms out of the latest research papers finding really fast "good enough" approaches that let us tease interesting patterns out of data without getting lost in "science experiment land". We need high energy people who enjoy working quickly with a fast paced team. We release new versions of amazing products at a rapid pace (usually every day) and solve hard problems for the largest enterprises in the world.
Cultural Fit - While we hire all kinds of people and invent roles to fit them, there are three key traits we require of every team member that really define our team.
- Fun to Work With - Life is short and work should be fun.
- Extremely Smart - We work on cutting edge hard problems and we need people who can both architect and code these systems at the same time while working with a highly intelligent peer group.
- Passionate Engineers - We need people who really love programming and exhibit the energy and creativity that comes from being fully engaged in what you do.
- US Person based anywhere in the US (100% remote allowed but no off shore)
- 5 Years work experience as a programmer
- Highly Comfortable with C# and Visual Studio
- Experienced solving challenging optimization problems