We are looking for a Platform Engineer
to join our expanding product development team, and play an integral role in the development of our world-leading managed Kubernetes offering. You will build and develop the platform, using cutting-edge technologies including Kubernetes Operators and Cluster API.
Giant Swarm is a fast-growing open-source infrastructure management platform used by modern enterprises. Our vision is to empower developers around the world to ship great products.
- You will be responsible for architecting and building distributed systems, as part of our managed Kubernetes offering.
- You will use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools from across the open-source community, including Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Flatcar Linux.
- You take part in oncall, as part of our ‘you build it, you run it’ philosophy. This includes improving operations, such as by adding metrics, or building dashboards.
- You have experience with Go and at least one other programming language, and a strong architectural background.
- You have worked extensively with Kubernetes.
- You are an experienced Linux user.
- You are used to deploying to production multiple times a day, and love to automate all the things.
- You are comfortable building and working with distributed systems - you prefer to build your applications as multiple services instead of a single monolith.
- We - and our customers - are currently distributed (mostly) around Europe. Your main timezone should be UTC +/- 2.
- We are very active in the Cloud Native / Kubernetes space. If you are as well - or just love giving talks - that will be a perfect addition.
Important note: We are not hiring job descriptions. We hire humans. :) We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.